- We treat each person with dignity and respect and apply these principles in leading and operating our business.
- We work hard to earn and maintain the trust of our customers, our fellow employees and our suppliers.
- Honesty and integrity are imperative in all our dealings.
- We maintain a culture and work environment that is open, fair and accepting. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
- We actively invest in our people, our plant, technologies and our community.
- We seek employees who value their work and are positive, dedicated, enthusiastic and loyal.
- We strive to develop and sustain a healthy and safe work environment.
- We are dedicated to professional craftsmanship and continuous improvement.
TRANECT LTD acquired the G Corner & Co range of cable lugs and crimp tooling for Rail Traction applications in February 2001 and moved production to the Gillmoss Industrial Estate in Liverpool.
The G Corner products date back to the 1950’s when Metropolitan Vickers asked G Corner & Co to design a range of special ultra heavy duty cable terminals for use with DC motors in traction applications. This range of terminals was formally adopted by British Rail as the recommended terminals for all cables over 0.01 in² (6mm²) in the 1960’s. Then in the 1970’s they were asked to design a range of Ultra High Vibration withstand cable terminals for bogie to axle and bogie to carriage applications. In the decades that followed these established a reputation for the ultimate performance in these especially arduous applications.
Since 2001 we have expanded our product range to include cable assemblies, wiring harnesses, copper braid assemblies, aluminium lugs, stainless steel lugs, bimetallic lugs, solid copper busbars, flexible copper busbars and associated tooling for high vibration environments including railway applications, standby power generators, marine and military applications.
In 2019 we moved to our own unit in the Liverpool Docklands area at 76 Forth Street, next to the Leeds – Liverpool canal. Owning the unit allowed us to refurbish the unit to suit our specific requirements and we used the additional space to invest in new machinery to improve the range of products we can supply to our customers and reduce our lead times.
Conflict Minerals Policy
Tranect Ltd is committed to business practices, throughout its operations, that foster the health and safety of people. Accordingly, we are committed to compliance with the conflict minerals rules and regulations of the United States Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Proection Act of 2010. We are working with our suppliers to confirm that their supply of product does not contain conflict minerals that directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or the adjoining countries.
Questions or concerns about our conflict minerals policy or procedures should be directed to us through our Contact Us page.
Anti-slavery and anti-trafficking policy
Down load pdf version here Anti-slavery and anti-trafficking policy
Quality, Environment and Health & Safety
We are ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environment) and ISO 45001:2018 (Health and Safety) certified manufacturing and distribution company with a reputation for customer service, quality and price.
We are approved by:
- ALSTOM Transportation for the supply of rail vehicle components
- GE Oil and Gas for the supply of products to Norsok M-503
- National Grid for the supply of copper shunts up to 136 kV